I scraped through to the final ten contestants of the Supreme Scrapboook Tournament! I didn't expect to get this far at all and it's really got me back into scrapbooking.
The final test is in two parts, this is the first:
1. Collect at least 10 different materials/objects that you would normally throw in the trash!
So collect stuff that you can’t buy in a store as a craft element/embellishment.
Examples are: labels of clothes, paperclip, aluminium foil, napkin, piece of cloth.
2. Collect a minimum of 4 sheets of scrapbooking paper size (30,4 x 30,4 cm)
We don't know what the second part is until we have posted photographs of our collections, it was tempting to make a whole pile of stuff but what if the rules say we have to use it all? What if I haven't chosen enough paper? We don't know if its a single or double page layout, should I have chosen some cardstock too? Aarrrggghhhh, I hope I have chosen enough and not too much! Even as I type I am resisting the urge to run (well OK, walk quickly) back down to my studio to choose some more papers...
I collect a lot of 'treasures' when I am beach combing so I have gone with a nautical beach theme for my kit, it's a gamble because if they tell us to use photographs of something completely different I am snookered!
My found objects are:
- Piece of cardbpard box
- Plastic netting from packaging
- Twine from the garden
- Netting from an old bag I cut up
- An old toy compass
- A napkin with music design
- Spiral paper clips
- Sea glass from the beach
- Pebbles from the beach
- Shells from the beach
- A piece of old costume jewellery (not sure if it was a necklace or bracelet)
- Brass rings (no idea what they are for!)
- Driftwood from the beach
- Cork from the beach
- String from packaging
- Old tickets
My papers are by Nostalgique "Anchored" collection