For the first part of the challenge we had to choose four sheets of paper and at least ten different items of 'trash', objects that would not be found in a craft store
I chose nautical papers and beach treasures, I was hoping to make a layout about Whitstable but for the final challenge we were given the title and the subject "This Is Me", luckily I have a lot of photographs of me at the beach so I was able to carry on with my nautical theme.
These were the rules:
two pages of 30,4cm x 30,4 cm
This is me!
Number of photo’s:
Minimum of 4 differents photos in total
You must use:
* Title: This is me!
* All the objects that you choose in step 1 must be used on the project, no other embellishments are allowed!
* All the sheets that you choose in step 1 must be used on the project, no other paper is allowed!
(at least half of each sheet you choose needs to be used by you!)
You may use:
* White gesso only, as long (part of) the objects and paper are visible
* All techniques that you like (but no ink and paints and so on!)
* Selfmade embellishments made out of your objects and/or papers
* A pen or marker for a journaling (max 20 words) - you dont have to do a journaling!
* glue, 3d tape, gluedots
You can not use:
* No other embellishments then the ones you choose in step 1
* No other papers then the ones you choose in step 1
* No ink, paint and so on
* No stickers, thickers, rubonons
* No glitter glue and so on
This is my layout
We had to write numbers to show where we had used all of the elements we had previously chosen
I diluted gesso and sprayed with it, added some splatters and stamped with it.
1. Piece of cardbpard box
2. Plastic netting from packaging
3. Twine from the garden
4. Netting from an old bag I cut up
5. An old toy compass
6. A napkin with music design
7. Spiral paper clips
8. Sea glass from the beach
9. Pebbles from the beach
10. Shells from the beach
11. A piece of old costume jewellery (not sure if it was a necklace or bracelet)
12. Brass rings (no idea what they are for!)
13. Driftwood from the beach
14. Cork from the beach
15. String from packaging
16. Old tickets
My papers are by Nostalgique "Anchored" collection
Some close ups, I cut the cork into slices and made buttons